Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Festival

Last saturday, the 16th, I was able to participate in the Pumpkin Festival in Forestville, CT. It was my first year going to the festival and I had a blast! I arrived with a bag full of canned goods and was able to walk in the parade! I assisted Mickey Mouse because the costume was very difficult to see out of!

The kids looked fabulous in all of their costumes for the parade! My favorite costume was the JellyFish costume, it was so creative!! I had a chance to look at all the pumpkins that were carved and I have to say I was extremely impressed. Alot of people really took their time and effort into carving pumpkins. I know I don't have the skills to carve pumpkins so I am glad I didn't have to put one in. All the pumpkins there would have put my pumpkin to shame anyways!

There was also a pet parade where people dressed their dogs in an animal costume. There was a lot of variety but only one dog stood out. It was our Little Miss Bristol's Meredith Valley's dog Coco, who won the judges over in her Dallas Cowboys cheerleading outfit. She was so excited that her puppy won!!

I also ran into a good friend of mine, Brittany Decker, Miss Connecticut 2010. She will be competing for the title of Miss America in January. The countdown begins today at 90 days until the pageant because it is the 90th Anniversary of the Miss America Scholarship Pageant. I know she will do a fabulous job!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment