Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Organization



One thing about myself is that organization is not the key to my life.

After my first year of college done and over with, it has come to my attention that I need to be fully organized after pulling through my second semester, struggling. So what better way to start than cleaning my room?! My family has always made fun of the fact that I'm not one to clean my room. I mean, for holidays of course, my room would be spotless, but then it would just go back to the disaster it was before. Clothes are scattered around my room, you can't even see an inch of my desk and dresser with the amount of makeup, jewelry, and hair accessories. ( I guess it's the cost you pay when you get into pageantry! )

Not only have I been cleaning my room for the past three days, but I have been watching very inspiring youtube videos to keep up my motivation. I've been watching alot of room tours where girls show off their rooms and how they keep everything neat and tidy. (Juicystar07)'s room inspired me the most because I've been watching her videos for quite some time now. She does outstanding makeup tutorials, hauls, and hair styles. Her sister (Allthatglitters21) does an amazing job as well. Here are their links (
http://www.youtube.com/user/juicystar07?blend=1&ob=4) and (http://www.youtube.com/user/AllThatGlitters21?blend=2&ob=1)
Watch their room tours and maybe you'll get inspired like I did!

As I've been cleaning, my obsession with the dollar store has progressed. I absolutely love the dollar store. I've actually gone to five different dollar stores in the past two days. I need an intervention. But, I've purchased so many storage boxs that I just couldn't pass u., HELLO EVERYTHING COSTS A DOLLAR!! What's great about it is that my room is pink, white, and black. Everytime I've went in the store, they'd have those three colors I needed. Then of course I'd buy things I really dont need. Nail polish, eye shadow, make up brushes (which by the way, are all from the E.L.F cosmetics collection) The reason it's so cheap is because the brand has been bought up by a major department store and so the rest of e.l.f's inventory is being sold off at an incredibly price.

How can a girl like me, pass up something like that?!
I'll be sure to post some pictures of how my room turns out!

MD

1 comment: